Amie offers enchanting Indian sitar music with tabla accompaniment and some vocals, performing classical and light-classical ragas and folk melodies. With her Sangeet Millennium Ensemble, she bends and blends traditional Indian genres with jazz sax and more, creating new world sounds that are elegantly vibrant and soulful.
Amie (with Sangeet Millennium) performs in concerts and lecture-performances in Texas, North America, and internationally. She is a selected artist on the Texas Commission of the Arts (TCA) Touring Artist Roster. TCA provides grants to arts presenters, schools, libraries, theaters and other non-profit organizations throughout Texas and the region to help with the cost of bringing in artists from the Roster. To find out how to apply for a grant to bring Amie’s music to your community, contact www.arts.state.tx.us.
Amie is also an artist on the Mid America Arts Alliance Performing Artist Roster. To find out how to apply for a grant to bring Amie and ensemble to your non-profit venue in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska or Okahoma, please visit http://www.maaa.org/SiteResources/Data/Templates/t7.asp?docid=936&DocName=Grant%20Programs.
In India, Amie Maciszewski is an Empanelled Artist with the India World Cultural Forum (www.iwcf.org.in ) . To sponsor Amie’s program in India, please contact Manjeet Kaur at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amie and the Sangeet Millennium ensemble perform at concerts, cultural programs, gallery openings, weddings, corporate and nonprofit events, tasteful social gatherings, and more. In order to book Amie and ensemble for an engagement, a contract must be signed and 50% of the fees must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the engagement . The remaining 50% is due the day of the event prior to the start of the performance. The musicians will arrive at least 45 minutes before the performance to set up and do sound check.
The ensemble is available in the following configurations:
- Two Piece (sitar and tabla, with some vocals (if requested )
- Three Piece (sitar, saxophone or vocals, and tabla)
- Four Piece (sitar, saxophone, tabla, and bass, guitar, or vocals)
The following fees are estimates, and they exclude travel and lodging/food expenses for engagements more than 50 miles outside Dallas. These will be negotiated at the time of booking.
- Minimum of $250 per musician for the first hour.
- $50 director’s fee
- $50 per musician for each additional hour.
- Sound Engineer and System Option: $250
- Sound System Option: $150
- Setup/Sound check Option: $50-75 per musician – see Note 1
Note 1: The setup and sound check option is required if the band must travel to the venue location two different times, i.e., once to set up and the next time to perform.
A three piece ensemble is contracted to perform for a one hour wedding during the reception dinner on a Saturday. No options have been selected by the wedding party.
- Price: ($250 x 3 + $50) = $800
A three piece ensemble is contracted to perform for three hours during a gallery opening on a Saturday. Sound engineer and equipment option is required.
- Base Price: ($250 x 3 + $50) = $800
- Two additional performance hours’ fees: ($50 x 6 ) = $300
- Sound engineer and equipment: $250
- Total Fees = $1350
A three-piece ensemble is contracted by a non-profit arts organization to provide a one one-hour daytime interactive performance for youth in a community center and then play one 90-minute concert in an auditorium the same evening. Sound system option is required for the daytime performance only, but setup and sound check are required for both programs.
- Base price ($250 x 3 + $50) + $100 = $900
- Additional fees for interactive performance ($100 x 3) = $300
- Sound system option for interactive performance only: $150
- Setup and sound check for both programs ($50 x 3) = $150
- Total Fees: $1500
A four piece band is contracted to perform for three hours during a corporate event on a Saturday. Setup/sound check and sound engineer/equipment options are required.
- Base Price: ($250 x 4 + $50) = $1050
- Two additional performance hours’ fees: ( $50 x 8 ) = $400
- Setup/ Sound check option price ($50 x 6) = $300
- Sound engineer and equipment price: $250
- Total Price = $1950
Please contact us if you have any additional questions