Dr. Amie Maciszewski, senior disciple of Ustad Aashish Khan and the late Padma Vibhushan Girija Devi, with 30+ years performing and teaching experience, offers Hindustani music lessons to learners age 6.5 and up in Dallas, Austin, and Wichita Falls.
Her wealth of experience combined with her passion for teaching and sharing her music has allowed Amie to be a successful teacher over the years. She loves taking on new students and works with children as well as adults. For more about Amie, read her full bio here.
Group Classes and Private Lessons
Private and small group (2-5 students) lessons are available to students in the Dallas and Austin and Wichita Falls areas. Specifically, she teaches the following:
- Sitar – all levels
- Voice – beginner, intermediate
- Esraj – beginner, intermediate
- Hindustani musicianship on various instruments (No Indian music experience necessary, but intermediate skill level or higher required on respective instrument)
Monthly sessions consist of 4 weekly lessons in the Dallas metroplex area. Monthly private and group lessons are also offered in Wichita Falls. (Check for minimum enrollment.) Monthly or bimonthly weekend intensive (two 90-minute lessons) classes are offered in the Austin area. Lesson times arranged at the time of registration.
Lesson policies are as follows:
- Lessons last 45 min. to one hour for beginners; 1.25-1.5 hours for more advanced students.
- Registration fee (in addition to lesson fees): $20/session, waived if you continue for 2 or more sessions.
- 24-hour cancellation required; otherwise, no makeup for missed lesson.
- Lesson fees payable in full at the time of registration.
- Classes are generally taught at Amie’s home studio in south Dallas. Outcalls in the DFW area are available for groups of two or more for an extra charge.
- Weekly lessons are strongly recommended; bimonthly lessons are recommended for adults and intermediate level children and youth only.
Workshops and Master Classes
We also offer periodic workshops and master classes by distinguished visiting artists, as well as performances and lecture-demonstrations by accomplished local artists and esteemed touring artists. There will be a minimum of one student recital per year, and selected students will be offered the opportunity to perform at appropriate community events.
I love teaching and am always happy to share my art with new students! For information about fees, promotional specials, and to register, please contact me and I will be happy to tell you more.